Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Goal for Next Year

I have always wanted to learn to shoot traditional.  The reason I have nto up to this point is simple; I'm awful at it!  I taught myself how to shoot the compound.  Even bowfishing, I have become pretty good at instinctively shooting the heavier fish arrow with line attached.

But traditional...a completely different story.

So, as this year ends and 2012 approaches, I will chronicle my desire, successes and failures at mastering the art.

In the process, I would like to welcome and thank LH Custom Archery in advance.  Lester, owner and bowyer, has worked with me over the past few days on a custom take-down recurve that I will be proudly using in my endeaver.  I will post photos of the bow through the process of Lester's handiwork and maybe even throw some video together once it is finished and I begin the task of learning to shoot the masterpiece.

But don't fret, I will still shoot my compound!  If nothing else but to provide sanity and confidence to a surely soon-to-be battered ego!

Please visit LH Custom Archery and view some of the projects he has on hand now.

Bill Howard writes a weekly outdoors column for the Wilson Times and Yancey County News and the blog site Bill Howard's Outdoors. He is a Hunter Education and International Bowhunter Education instructor, lifetime member of the North Carolina Bowhunters Association, Bowhunter Certification Referral Service Chairman, member and official measurer of Pope and Young, and a regular contributor to North Carolina Bowhunter Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment